Britain in Bloom – It’s your Neighbourhood Awards 2018
Jigsaw Group were the proud sponsors of this year’s RHS Britain in Bloom – It’s your Neighbourhood Awards.
The well established competition celebrates the great work of individuals and residents’ groups in making a difference to their local environment. In line with the Group’s commitment to investing in projects that benefit the areas where our residents live, the competition helps extend the “in Bloom” ethic to neighbourhoods in need of improvement, and to new groups and individuals who aspire to improve their local environment.
Each entry is given a rating of ‘Advancing’, ‘Thriving’ or ‘Outstanding’, with special prizes given out to the truly exceptional gardens and community projects. The certificates and trophies were presented by the Chair of Jigsaw Group Board, Fay Selvan and Commercial Board Chair, Gill Brown who joined Bill Blackledge, Chair of Britain in Bloom – North West at a lavish ceremony held on 31 October and 01 November at the Southport Theatre and Convention Centre.
The ceremony was popular as always, and a packed house was a clear demonstration of the success and positive impact the competition has in greening up neighbourhoods across the NorthWest.
Along with all the other successful neighbourhoods and projects being celebrated over the two days, it was great to see a large number of our own neighbourhoods and residents taking to the stage for their certificates.
• Somerset House & Taunton Place
• Acomb Street & Crofton Street, Moss Side
• Braemar Road Alleyway, Levenshulme
• Greenheys Residents’ Association Gardening Club, Manchester
• Keeley Close, Miles Platting and Newton Heath
• Gorsey Gardens
• Millbrook Village Community Group
• Acresfield Community Garden Group
• Friends of Crowswood
• Holy Trinity Women’s Group – also winner of the Award for Growing Communities
• Ingleside Residents and Friends, Wigan
• Crondall Street 39-79, Broadfied Street, Moss Side
• Chartist House – Also winner of North West In Bloom New Charter Cup and Best Small Neighbourhood.
• Muddy Buddies – Also winner of the Award for Involving Children and Young People.
• Dixon & Forrest Road Communal Garden – Outstanding
• Kendal House
• Grange House
• Ambergate Gardens, Wigan
• Boyer Court, Maghull
• St Paul’s Gardening Group, Bootle
• The Bungalows Residents Group, Great Eccleston
• Moss Side Community Allotment and Garden Society, Moss Side
Our congratulations go to everyone who entered and we wish you continued success next year!